Get to Know Us
At Shine Healing Ministries we want to help you live your truest story.
In the rush and weariness of life we long for an undistracted space to reset, heal & rediscover what is truest about us.
At Shine Healing Ministries we create inviting, rest-filled spaces where women and ministry teams can learn and experience restorative rhythms that renew the mind, mend the heart, and nourish the body.
At some point in all of our lives we find ourselves in a place where we know there must be more. We long for it. Our hearts crave it, but in a world of stress, distraction, and hurry, we can easily lose sight of what is most true about us. It is in this space of acknowledgement that we can begin our journey back home. Slowing down and simplifying the noise that surrounds our lives creates space to practice restorative rhythms that bring balance and wholeness back to our minds, hearts, and bodies. We desperately need times where we can reset, however, in our fast-paced, productivity-driven culture it is becoming even more difficult to experience and incorporate these practices into our lives. At Shine Healing Ministries we want to create a space that makes it easier to experience God’s transforming love (which is the greatest reset of all) and discover rhythms that restore the soul. So in the comforts of a supportive community, we provide women and ministry teams the opportunity to pause, slow down, be loved, be renewed, and rediscover what is truest about them.
Why come? Because…
In rest we heal and find the courage to live our truest story!
We believe that your truest story was written long ago by God’s love for you. Sometimes we just need help rediscovering what has always been within us. The truth is you are loved beyond what the human heart can measure and as you learn to fully receive this love your heart will be transformed. It is from this space of being loved that we find the courage to become the unique expression of love God has called us to be in the world. As Jesus was preparing to leave his disciples and ascend back to heaven, he said these words: “So I give you now a new commandment: Love each other just as much as I have loved you. For when you demonstrate the same love I have for you by loving one another, everyone will know that you’re my true followers” (John 13:34-35, TPT). Our truest story is that we are unquestionably loved. This truth compels us to love as he loves.
The Journey of Rest.Heal.Love
Learning to rest in God’s presence, be healed by his heart, and love as he loves!
So join us and come to one of our restorative and transformational retreat experiences or workshops. We look forward to meeting you around the fire and coming alongside you on your spiritual journey.
We are a Christian non-profit all about cultivating spaces where your heart can experience God’s rest, healing and extraordinary love so that you can live your truest story!
Our programs are designed from a creative mixture of various experiences & practices. Josie pulls together elements from her years as a clinical counselor, trauma specialist, certified equine-assisted counselor, iEnneagram Motions of the Soul certified coach, and her love for God’s Word and biblical truths! These various elements provide a broad perspective that enable us to meet you where you are on your unique journey and lead you to greater levels of wholeness and balance.
WHAT WE BELIEVE…
- We believe the BIBLE to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God. It alone is the final authority in determining all doctrinal truths. (2Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Proverbs 30:5; Romans 16:25-26).
- We believe there is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and co-eternal (I John 5:7; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; Luke 1:35; Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 3:7-11).
- We believe we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human efforts (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22).
- We believe in sanctification as an ongoing process of yielding to God’s word and His Spirit in order to complete the development of becoming image-bearers of Christ. It is through the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God that the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (1Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23; 2 Corinthians 3:18, 6:14-18, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, Romans 8:29, 12:1-2, Hebrews 2:11).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. The Holy Spirit is manifested through a variety of spiritual gifts to build and sanctify the church, demonstrate the validity of the resurrection, and confirm the power of the Gospel. The Bible lists of these gifts are not necessarily exhaustive, and the gifts may occur in various combinations. All believers are commanded to earnestly desire the manifestation of the gifts in their lives. These gifts always operate in harmony with the Scriptures and should never be used in violation of Biblical parameters (Hebrews 2:4; Romans 1:11, 12 :4-8; Ephesians 4:16; 2 Timothy 1:5-16, 4:14; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-40; 1 Peter 4:10).
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning all Truth is the sole and final source of all that we believe.