Get to Know Us
At Shine Healing Ministries we want to help you live your truest story.
In the rush and weariness of life we long for an undistracted space to reset & rediscover what is truest about us. At Shine Healing Ministries we are intentional about creating inviting, rest-filled spaces where women can quiet their mind, tend to their soul, renew their body, and experience transforming love.
If we are to live our truest story, we must learn to embrace God’s rhythms of rest. Rhythms are intentional practices we consistently pursue that lead to wholeness in our hearts, minds, and bodies. In a world of stress, distraction, and hurt, our hearts need tended to regularly, our minds need quieted to hear what is true, and our bodies need stillness in order to be renewed. At Shine Healing Ministries we want to make it easier for women to experience God’s healing rhythms for their lives. So in the comforts of a supportive community, we provide opportunities for women to pause, slow down, be loved, be renewed, and rediscover what is truest about them.
In rest we heal and find the courage to love and be loved in the most authentic way and this is when our truest story can be begin!
Join us for one of our retreat experiences or workshops. We look forward to meeting you around the fire and being a part of your journey.
We are a Christian non-profit all about cultivating spaces where your heart can experience God’s rest, healing and extraordinary love so that you can live your truest story!
Our programs are designed from a creative mixture of various experiences & practices. Josie pulls together elements from her years as a clinical counselor, trauma specialist, certified equine-assisted counselor, iEnneagram Motions of the Soul certified coach, and her love for God’s Word and biblical truths! These various elements provide a broad perspective that enable us to meet you where you are on your unique journey and lead you to greater levels of wholeness and balance.
WHAT WE BELIEVE…
- We believe the BIBLE to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God. It alone is the final authority in determining all doctrinal truths. (2Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Proverbs 30:5; Romans 16:25-26).
- We believe there is One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and co-eternal (I John 5:7; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; Luke 1:35; Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 3:7-11).
- We believe we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human efforts (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22).
- We believe in sanctification as an ongoing process of yielding to God’s word and His Spirit in order to complete the development of becoming image-bearers of Christ. It is through the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God that the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (1Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23; 2 Corinthians 3:18, 6:14-18, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, Romans 8:29, 12:1-2, Hebrews 2:11).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. The Holy Spirit is manifested through a variety of spiritual gifts to build and sanctify the church, demonstrate the validity of the resurrection, and confirm the power of the Gospel. The Bible lists of these gifts are not necessarily exhaustive, and the gifts may occur in various combinations. All believers are commanded to earnestly desire the manifestation of the gifts in their lives. These gifts always operate in harmony with the Scriptures and should never be used in violation of Biblical parameters (Hebrews 2:4; Romans 1:11, 12 :4-8; Ephesians 4:16; 2 Timothy 1:5-16, 4:14; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-40; 1 Peter 4:10).
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning all Truth is the sole and final source of all that we believe.